I don't know that I would say that the RM is dead per se, or even holding us back. But I have to ask... why the relational model? ...A Hierarchical Model would work. In fact if we look at these NoSQL databases ... Hierarchical Models work better than relational models. The point is that some of the factors which cause one to think in terms of relationships have changed. Disk is cheap. There are definitely problems where having a strongly typed and structured model make sense. Then there are problems where not having a rigid model make sense. Structure on read seems to make sense these days. PS... Relational models don't scale. Especially on MPP.
2. To Laugh or Cry?
3. Online Debunkings
4. Of Interest Elsewhere
- Star Wars and the Tao of data management
- Is splitting a CSV column into a separate table (enforcing 1nf) unnecessary complication
5. And now for something completely different
"The PostWest" Series (or The future of the West is all behind it)
- U.S. sailors held captive by Iran were held at gunpoint
- Iran airs clip of captive US sailor apologizing for 'mistake'
- U.S. Payment of $1.7 Billion to Iran Raises Questions of Ransom
- Kerry thanks Iran for resolving sailor dispute 'peacefully'
- Kerry: Some Iran sanctions relief likely to go to terrorists
- Kerry Hezbollah has 80,000 rockets, gets most of its arms from Iran
- Iran essential to Mideast stability, German FM says
- Rouhani to visit Italy, France on first post-sanctions tour
- Data analysis reveals that US cities are segregating the wealthy
- How the Epidemic of Drug Overdose Deaths Ripples Across America
- Doctor's fight to expose Flint water crisis
- US wasted millions on Afghan reconstruction
- Nearly 500K foreigners overstayed visas in 2015
- The President Wants Every Student To Learn to code
- Some anti-IS coalition members doing 'nothing at all'
- Sheryl Sandberg suggests Facebook 'likes' are a good way to fight Isis
- Gates: US 'should take more' refugees
"The Only Globally Acceptable Racism" Series (or Fuck the Joos)
- Marseille Jews warned against wearing kippas after attack
- Brazilian columnist: Coexistence ‘granted to Jews’ is under threat
- 'Switzerland struck secret deal with PLO to escape terrorism'
- Merkel Anti-Semitism more widespread than we imagined
- Sweden demands probe of Israeli ‘extrajudicial executions’
- Clinton received plan to secretly galvanize Palestinian protests
- American ambassador condemns the wrong double standards
- Chinese leader calls for Palestinian state with East Jerusalem capital
"Let's Give Them a State" Series (or Palestine, the Next IS)
- Fatah official: Palestine alongside Israel is just 'a phase'
- Hamas ready for fresh hostilities with Israel
- Palestinian Children's Jihad Club
- Promoting violence for children
- What Palestinian children are learning about jihad
- Teen Palestinian arrested for killing Dafna Meir in Otniel
- Pregnant woman moderately wounded in Tekoa stabbing by teenage terrorist
- Palestinian 13-year-old girl with knife tries to stab guard in West Ban
- Palestinian killed by own bomb in attack on police in East Jerusalem
Upside Down & Backwards Series (or Pinch me!)
- Syria tells U.N. No one cares more about our people than us
- Assad regime demands no 'terrorists' at peace talks
- Syria militia leader: Sunni rebels are 'mercenaries of Jews'
- Syrians on Golan planning: 'resistance front' against ... Israel
Lepinay, V. A., CODES OF FINANCE: ENGINEERING DERIVATIVES IN A GLOBAL BANKVideo of the week
Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code: