1. I will give the following presentation
Big Data, Analytics and Normalization
"Big Data may offer analytical insights, but with almost certainty will produce really big lies from 100% correct data", particularly when data are from external sources. This presentation will demonstrate
- Why and how
- How to protect yourself
Microsoft San Francisco office
835 Market St., 7th Floor
For more information contact MGinnebaugh@designmind.com.
2. My April column @All Analytics:
3. Quote of the Week
Q: Is it necessary to follow standards during SQL programming?
A: Standards and Best Practices usually come from common sense. I want to point out that it is God given potential which one must realise and be conscious to utilize it for His glory. --LinkedIn.com
4. To Laugh or Cry?
- Will Pattern Discovery Systems Trump Analyst's Rules-Based Models?
- Why don’t RDBMS products support sub-typing?
- Which of these two data model fragments is normalised and to what extent?
6. Interesting elsewhere
7. And now for something completely different
Today being the anniversary of the Holocaust, I decided to add the following:
The irony of Italians badmouthing the Germans about the extermination of Jews. But this time the former spoke the truth:the latter cannot have it both ways.
Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code: