1. What's wrong with this picture
"A quick-and-dirty definition for a relational database might be: a system whose users view data as a collection of tables related to each other through common data values.The whole basis for the relational model follows this train of thought: data is stored in tables, which are composed of rows and columns. Tables of independent data can be linked, or related, to one another if they each have columns of data that represent the same data value, called keys. This concept is so common as to seem trivial; however, it was not so long ago that achieving and programming a system capable of sustaining the relational model was considered a longshot with limited usefulness." --Kevin Kline, SQLBlog.com
2. Quote of the Week
"Relational databases store records as rows in tables. Each table has a strict definition of the columns that each row entry will be made up of, along with their type." --Medium.com
3. To Laugh or Cry?
4. Of Interest
- Double Relationship Between Two Tables (oldie but goodie)
- Study reveals bot-on-bot editing wars raging on Wikipedia's pages (the future)
- How technology is encouraging society to be stupid
- How algorithms (secretly) run the world
5. Available and forthcoming
THE DBDEBUNK GUIDE TO MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT DATA FUNDAMENTALS available to order here.Reviews
Forthcoming: The Interpretation and Representation of Database Relations, UNDERSTANDING THE TRUE RELATIONAL MODEL paper #1.
And now for something completely different
New at The PostWest
Dominant powers peak and self-destruct--name one that hasn't. It's now the turn of the West in general and the US in particular.
My TakeIn the Trump-media duel I know who will give in. The media is too much corporate business and too little journalism; and Trump is too shrewd a manipulator and the media too focused on trivialities and profit. They will protest loudly and will learn to lick his ass for access.
- White House Selectively Blocks Media From Press Briefing
- What's Donald Trump's End Game?
- This: With Such People You Can Do What You Want
- A message to my doomed colleagues in the American media
- With Such People You Can Do What You Want
Upside down and backwards
- UN chief: 'Islamophobia' fuelling terrorism
- Merkel: Islam is not the source of terror
- PA accuses Israel of 'terrorism' against schools
Book of the Week (Order via this link to support this site)
Article of the Week
Video of the Week
- Anti Semite Keith Ellison likely to be DNC Chair
- Keith Ellison's Excuse for Past Anti Semitic Comments is Beyond Laughable
Site of the Week
The Palestinians: Partners for peace, nice people, let's give them a state
- Terrorism makes January Israel's bloodiest month since June
- Palestinian terror leader urges Iran to join 'all-out war' on Israel, then Jordan
- PLO's Tehran envoy says he hopes Iran will produce 1,000 nukes
Anti-semitism? Nah, just "criticism of Israel's policies".
- New wave of bomb threats at Jewish centers across US
- Israel's Miami consulate evacuated after bomb threat
- ADL headquarters receives bomb threat in latest scare
- Attackers saw off Jewish man’s finger, beat his brother near Paris
- Citing anti-Semitism, UK university nixes Israel Apartheid Week
- JCC near San Diego evacuated after emailed bomb threat
- New Orleans JCC briefly evacuated over bomb threat
- Over 170 headstones vandalized in St. Louis Jewish cemetery
- Toronto police step up patrols of Jewish areas after anti-Semitic incident
- Human Rights Watch’s Political War Against Israel
- McGill council won't impeach student who called for 'punching Zionists’
- Campus, civic groups condemn cartoon in UCLA newspaper seen as anti-Semitic
- Dutch Muslim who preached ‘harmony’ unmasked as ‘rabid anti-Semite'
- Hate crimes against Jews in NY have doubled in ’17
- Japan hotelier under fire for anti-Semitic remarks
- NYTimes Fake News: Managing "thousands of Palestinian deaths"
- Russian lawmaker implies Jews 'boiled Christians in cauldrons'
- S. Carolina man arrested for planning synagogue shooting
- Swastikas and hate messages left on private houses and Chabad building in LA, NY
- Top employee at EU-, UN-funded Gaza hospital quotes ‘Protocols of Zion‘
- Swastika made of feces found at Rhode Island art school
Note: I will not publish or respond to anonymous comments. If you want to say something, stand behind it. Otherwise don't bother, it'll be ignored.
Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code: