to LINKS page.
to SOFTWARE section on Home page.
1. Quote of the Week
After attending NoSQL conference I am really hoping that companies think through this 'big data' implementation! No one there was interested in Data model ... and said so ... forget the data model ... even 'standards' were looked at 'its 'too early' for this new technology ... and no one could tell us anything about 'meta-data'...!!!!! --LinkedIn.com
2. To Laugh or Cry?
- Coming Full Circle Why SQL now powers the NoSQL Craze
- SQL Will Inevitably Come To NoSQL Databases
- What’s left of NoSQL
- Microsoft Readies Big Data Service That Includes New U-SQL Language
3. Online Debunkings
- NoSQL Movement Should've Been Called the JSON Movement 2 (see also Say It Ain't So! TAMR and the Universal Schema)
- Query Language Design FAIL JSONiq vs MongoDB
4. Elsewhere Of Interest
- Big Data Means Big Risks
- Big Data Too Many Answers, Not Enough Questions
- Big Data Falls Off the Hype Cycle
5. And now for something completely different
As creative as the US leaders, for example?
- Across arc of conflict, 'Obama Doctrine' shows signs of failure
- U.S. Considers Sending Attack Helicopters To Iraq
- Islamic State making inroads in Afghanistan
- US fails to stop most of those who try to join ISIS
- U.S.-trained Syrian rebels gave equipment to Nusra
- US suspends Syria rebel training program
Book of the week (order via the link to support this site)
Posner, G., GOD'S BANKERSPinch me
- Abbas calls on UN Security Council to 'protect' Palestinians from Israel
- Amnesty slams 'extrajudicial executions' of stabbers
- Family of American-Turkish Mavi Marmara victim sues Ehud Barak
Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code: