To clarify my point further, although M doesn't care about how it's implemented, the implementation has a strong influence on the logical structures that it's trying to implement. In a normalized or demoralized [sic] debate, a fully normalized physical schema is always good, when implemented on an infinite performance hardware. --LinkedIn.com
2. To Laugh or Cry?
I recently attended a presentation on Azure DocumentDB, Microsoft's NoSQL cloud product. I made the following notes:
- Polyglot persistence: Wasn't this what the RDM was supposed to substitute?
- Hierarchy: Didn't we get rid of HDM decades ago?
- NoSQL: No SQL, but a "SQL-like" language (it's barely relational and now it's used for documents?)
- No integrity, data independence: Nothing learned from the past.
- Cloud: At least mainframes were under each company's control.
3. Online Debunkings
4. Interesting Elsewhere
5. And now for something completely different
A Freudian slip?
Want to understand why the West systematically loses against its enemies? e.g.
- Iran vows nuclear enrichment 'without limits' unless sanctions end
- Top Obama adviser dismisses idea that better Iran deal is possible
- Comparing Oslo (1993) and Lausanne (2015)
- Israel analysts shocked by Obama's comments on sanctions, S-300 supply
- Unmasking the real Obama doctrine
- Obama: IS A-Q have slick videos peaceful Imams are boring
- Obama meets Castro, but not Netanyahu
The Oldest, Only Acceptable Hatred
- World has not learned lessons of holocaust
- Recorded attacks against Jews surged 40 percent in 2014
- Holocaust education prepares for era without eyewitnesses
Let's Give Them a State
- Man killed, woman injured in suspected Jerusalem terror attack
- Sniper fire from Gaza as part of Hamas’ massive buildup for next war
- Palestinian arrested for attempt to stab soldier in Hebron
This week's video
- Muslims threw Christians overboard during Med voyage
- 1 in 4 UK Muslims Violence okay over Muhammad images
This week's book
Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code: