- The Principle of Orthogonal Design Part I
- The Principle of Orthogonal Design Part II (a part of which I will revise and post as Part III)
significantly enough to recommend a re-read.
1. Quotes of the Week
"Wow. Been using SQL for 15 years, and didn’t even know about Except and Intersect!" --Blog.Jooq.org
"I am looking for database schemas with many tables (>100 tables). Where can I find them? I am currently using mysql and haven't done serious database design. So interested in looking at samples with ER diagrams." --YCombinator.com2. To Laugh or Cry?
- Susan and her SQL Problem
- NoSQL Databases: A Survey and Decision Guidance
- MUMPS – The Most Important Database You (Probably) Never Heard Of
3. Added the following to the LINKS page:
4. Online Debunkings5. Of Interest
- From Sets to Types to Categories to Sets (PDF)
- What else are we getting wrong?
- Trading durability for performance without NoSQL
- GOODS Organizing Google Data Sets (PDF)
And now for something completely different
The PostWest (The future of the West is all behind it)
Trump is not the cause of America's fall, but the consequence. He is not the problem, the society that produces Trumps and Hillarys as candidates is.
- How Sociopathic Capitalism Came to Rule the World
- What voters do when they feel screwed: The economic theory
- The 2016 Election Exposes the Very, Very Dark Side of Tech
- Why social media couldn't call Trump's victory
- Facebook shows you what you want to see
- The Fall of the House of Clinton
- The forces that drove this election’s media failure are likely to get worse
Pinch-me of the week
- U.S. voters want leader to end advantage of rich and powerful (and elected Trump to do it????)
- Trump transition team packed with Washington insiders, lobbyists
Articles of the week
Videos of the week
Note: I will not publish anonymous comments. If you want to say something, stand behind it. Otherwise don't bother, it'll be ignored.
Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code: