1. What's wrong with this picture?
NoSQL database management systems give us the opportunity to store our data according to more than one data storage model, but our entity-relationship data modeling notations are stuck in SQL land. Is there any need to model schema-less databases, and is it even possible? --Theodore Hills, The Hybrid Data Model, Dataversity.net
2. Quote of the Week
"In various organizations, Data Modeling for NoSQL emphasizes the roles of developers while deemphasizing the roles of data modelers and database administrators." --Donovan Hsieh, eBay’s Senior Data Architect
3. To Laugh or Cry?
4. Online Debunking
Data Science for All - When, Not If (see my comments)
"Starting late April, all DBDebunk visitors will be able to view blogs over an encrypted connection by visiting https://www.debdebunk.com. Existing links and bookmarks will continue to work." -- Google
6. Interesting Elsewhere
And now for something completely different: My take on the news
- The man who studies the spread of ignorance. Job security forever.
- 1.4 million for Randomizer app that chooses left or right. By the people responsible for your security.
- Panama Papers Leak Signals a Shift in Mainstream Journalism. Don't worry: those who own the world will shift to other methods.
- In Science, It’s Never ‘Just a Theory’. A confusion I've been lamenting for decades.
- Fearing jihadis, US said to mull pulling troops from north Sinai. This is how the Six Day War started. Why Israel can never rely on international guarantees for its defense.
- How Europe built fences to keep people out. Which is what they criticize Israel for, even though, unlike the EU fences, Israel's is for its existence, not economic reasons.
- Unspoken Reasons for the American Jewish Distancing from Israel. Europe's Jews also deluded themselves that assimilation would save their ass.
Congressman wants to declare magic a “national treasure”. Your representatives at work.Video of the week
The Legal Case for Israel’s ‘Settlements’. What all the clueless ignorants who criticize Israel should know, but don't (anti-semites don't care).Book of the week (order via the link to support this site)
Scott H. Hendrix, MARTIN LUTHER: VISIONARY REFORMER
Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code: