1. Quote of the Week (h/t Matt Rogish)
"For quite a few years now, the received wisdom has been that social data is not relational, and that if you store it in a relational database, you’re doing it wrong."
Not that I mind seeing brand-new-fangled, hark-to-the-past obsolete dross like MongoDB and its ilk being recognised for the compost it is...--sarahmei.com2. To Laugh or Cry?
A Revolutionary Paradigm: The Failure of Relational Database, The Rise of Object Technology and the Need for the Hybrid DatabaseBrothers, can you spare me the paradigms?
4. No SQL!
5. And now for something completely different (well, not completely!)
- Superpower Outage
- Lockheed Martin to cut 4000 jobs as US defense spending falls
- Egypt and Russia hail new era of military co-operation
- Russia dismisses intl tribunal rulingChina slams 'inappropriate' US remarks on territorial dispute with Japan
- Iran nuclear deal 'delusional'