1. Quote of the Week
In this paper we briefly review some of these issues and then concentrate on the problem of generalizing the formal framework of the relational data model to include null values. A basic problem with null values is that they have many plausible interpretations.No, that's not the basic problem.
--Database Relations with Null Values, Bell Labs, 1983
2. To Laugh or Cry?
3. Online Debunkings
- Comments on "Table Constraints and Data Science"
- Comments on "1NF, Part 3: The Domain Imperative"
- Enterprise Data Modelling
4. Interesting Elsewhere
- Why even the most intelligent software architects don't understand the Relational Model
- Obfuscated SQL Contest Winners! (h/t Todd Everett)
5. And now for something completely different